Monday, June 27, 2011

Beyonce Rock The Glastonbury Festival







One of Europe’s largest music festivals drew in an enormous crowd with an even bigger talent presence this weekend at the 2011 Glastonbury Festival. Saturday Chris Martin and his band, Coldplay put on a marvelous performance that had Beyonce, Jay-Z and Gwyneth Paltrow singing along from the VIP section. They played everything from their new single, “Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall” to “Yellow.”

Tonight, B closed out the festival, the first female performer ever to do so. Starting off her set with “Crazy In Love,” the energetic singer told the crowd, “I want you all to know right now you’re witnessing my dream. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for having me and my band tonight.


“I always wanted to be a rock star and tonight we are all rock stars,” she continued. “I want you to forget about your worries, forget about your troubles .” According to The Telegraph, Beyonce encouraged the crowd to “get lost in this music tonight. I want to make beautiful memories and be free tonight.”

According to The Hollywood Reporter, George Michael tweeted of B’s performance, “Just watching Beyonce’s performance at Glastonbury. I love that woman. Great artist, writer,singer, person … Something so generous about the fact that she covered songs that acknowledged Glastonbury’s typical audience. Very few American artists … would take the time or have the respect for a foreign audience to do that. She just gets better and better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment