Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beyonce Covers Complex Magazine [PHOTOS]






Beyoncé Knowles has taken over the cover of Complex Magazine’s annual Style & Design issue. For their cover issue Complex recruited photographer Thierry Le Gouès and artist Ebon Heath, who created the typography sculptures that surround the R&B starlet.

Here are a few excerpts from the interview:

What makes a hit record: “I’ve found that with hit records the melody and lyrics come together [naturally]. I usually know from the hook if the song is something that transcends language, race, and genre, and if it’s something that affects pop culture. It’s something I can visualize people singing in stadiums all over the world. But my favorite songs on my albums are usually not my singles.”

Jay-Z’s music: “Jay’s music is more than music. His lyrics have fathered generations,” the blonde-haired beauty reveals. “All that he has overcome gives millions so much hope. There are moments when I see his lips moving and I can see lyrics floating above his head and I think, ‘Wow! How did I get so lucky to be able to witness this level of genius so closely?’”

Watch the behind scenes video from the Complex shoot below.

No comments:

Post a Comment