Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Alexander Skarsgard Covers Interview Magazine [PHOTOS]

Why so blue Alexander? The hunky Alexander Skarsgard covers the June 2011 issue of Interview magazine via New York Daily News. The 34-year-old actor sat down with Aracde Fire’s Win Butler for a chat. Here are a few of the highlights:

Wanting diversity in his roles: “I do get a lot of scripts sent to me where they basically want me to play Eric from True Blood, but just a different name in a different movie. That’s not interesting to me. I don’t want to play a character that I’ve played for four years on a television show, change the name, and make him a zombie instead of a vampire.”

How he connects with the characters he plays: “In a weird way, I always play myself, just through different mirrors. If I read a script and I don’t connect with a character, if I can’t find the character on the page in my soul, then I’m not going to be able to do a good job.”

What types of roles he wants to play: “There’s got to be something new, something fresh. I want to almost be intimidated when I embark on a journey. I wouldn’t say there’s a fear, but I do get slightly nervous in the beginning when that happens, and I like that feeling. That triggers me a lot.”





No comments:

Post a Comment