zin
Nov 19, 02:42 PM
No, again, Apple can't stop them from selling the iPad. But it does mean that the iPads TJ Maxx is getting aren't being acquired directly from Apple. It means that they are buying them from a 3rd party. All Apple COULD do is terminate the 3rd party's Apple account (meaning that the 3rd party can no longer purchase directly from Apple) if they want to (if it was a large enough sale to TJ Maxx...80 iPads probably won't matter to Apple). An "Apple approved" retailer is one that has been authorized by Apple to buy Apple products directly from Apple, and thereby get all of the advertising perks, merchandising, etc from Apple.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Thanks for clearing that up.

AidenShaw
May 3, 09:04 PM
The question asked of heterosexuals =/= asked gay and bisexual men. The risk factor for straight people is risky sex, the risk factor asked for gay men is not risky sex, but sex at all - even once. Its not the same thing. If there was no bigotry behind the question it would be raised this way to all, no matter what orientation "have you had unprotected sex with more than one partner in the last 5 years, if yes have you been tested for HIV?"
Arguments that gay people shouldn't be allowed to give blood? Really? I give way to much credit to society sometimes. Equating homosexuality to prostitution or drug use is so incredibly ignorant.
This. About ten million times. :apple:
The irony of a forum with a very large gay and bisexual membership to ask for blood donations is beyond ridiculous.
Think this through, MacRumors, think this through.
So, the solution for the Red Cross is to ask "Are you hetersexual, bisexual, or homosexual? If yes, do not donate blood.".
That seems like a non-biased solution to me.
Arguments that gay people shouldn't be allowed to give blood? Really? I give way to much credit to society sometimes. Equating homosexuality to prostitution or drug use is so incredibly ignorant.
This. About ten million times. :apple:
The irony of a forum with a very large gay and bisexual membership to ask for blood donations is beyond ridiculous.
Think this through, MacRumors, think this through.
So, the solution for the Red Cross is to ask "Are you hetersexual, bisexual, or homosexual? If yes, do not donate blood.".
That seems like a non-biased solution to me.
jakljiri
Apr 3, 12:40 PM
Hi,
I have bought new battery (original apple) and after full charging it can�t work on battery power. Powerbook shut down directly with disconecting of power cord. The same ocurs with older battery still working in other PB. New battery work normaly in other PB.
george
I have bought new battery (original apple) and after full charging it can�t work on battery power. Powerbook shut down directly with disconecting of power cord. The same ocurs with older battery still working in other PB. New battery work normaly in other PB.
george
WildPalms
Jul 26, 11:08 PM
At this point, I couldn't really care less about Blu Ray or HD-DVD. I'd be more excited if Apple included Lightscribe or equivalent capability in their drives. Unlabeled discs are piled high on my desk.
Just replace your burner with a LightScribe unit and use the HP burning s/w.
....unless you have a laptop and dont wish to lug around an external burner?
Just replace your burner with a LightScribe unit and use the HP burning s/w.
....unless you have a laptop and dont wish to lug around an external burner?
more...
Apple OC
Mar 26, 09:38 PM
I just can't stand people that automatically declare something illegal because they think it is wrong.
you can't stand people thinking this is illegal? ... do you think the listing is legal? :rolleyes:
you can't stand people thinking this is illegal? ... do you think the listing is legal? :rolleyes:
TheMonarch
Sep 24, 07:55 PM
They do in the eyes of the law.
Thats been established already. But now the law lets then be booted off if they don't listen.
Thats been established already. But now the law lets then be booted off if they don't listen.
more...
likemyorbs
Mar 19, 03:18 AM
For that matter, why not Madoff? The effects of his mischief harmed far more people than even Manning. Why should he be spared the chair?
Harmed them financially, not physically. Not death penalty worthy. Again, i support the death penalty only for the most heinous of crimes. It should be used sparingly.
Harmed them financially, not physically. Not death penalty worthy. Again, i support the death penalty only for the most heinous of crimes. It should be used sparingly.
lonegoat
Jun 20, 05:48 PM
the one that comes with the iphone or the wireless one?
more...
likemyorbs
Apr 14, 09:46 AM
Just do what we do in the UK in our sports games and call the referee a wanker.
We would if that word weren't so gay.
We would if that word weren't so gay.

Hisdem
Oct 10, 09:13 AM
Is there a simple way to make the menubar black?
more...
Consultant
Apr 20, 03:31 PM
I'm sure this data will be coming to a Keynote near you.
The trend is your friend, and unless Apple can turn it around, the trend is clearly moving toward a marginalization of iOS.
LOL. Marginalized. Maybe you forgot the smiley?
Let's see, largest mobile software store. Most profitable mobile software store (for developers). Most profitable mobile device.
Surely it's marginalized when the other companies are giving away their products for market share (and losing money in the same time).
The trend is your friend, and unless Apple can turn it around, the trend is clearly moving toward a marginalization of iOS.
LOL. Marginalized. Maybe you forgot the smiley?
Let's see, largest mobile software store. Most profitable mobile software store (for developers). Most profitable mobile device.
Surely it's marginalized when the other companies are giving away their products for market share (and losing money in the same time).
yac_moda
Jul 26, 06:52 PM
Is Blue-ray going to support the tech that etches the disk lable/graphics with the disk burner laser :confused:
more...
dazzer21
Apr 27, 04:53 PM
Steve just does not look well in that photo - I even had to look closely to see if he'd been Photoshopped in or not as the colour of his skin is so different to the others'...
AppleScruff1
Apr 20, 07:41 PM
Good apple. Good....!
I hear ya, I wish Apple had 100% of every market.
I hear ya, I wish Apple had 100% of every market.
more...
Shreknow91
Sep 5, 12:03 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn208/Shreknow91/Screenshot2010-09-05at74827AM.jpg
Multimedia
Nov 1, 06:47 PM
Here you go...
Sorry they're a bit crappy - just taken on my mobile phone. I can do others if anyone has specific requests!
PS. It doesn't have a CD installer with it - I just put it there for scale!All four of those photos are focused on the background instead of on the iPod. Would you please re-do making sure you are in focus?
Sorry they're a bit crappy - just taken on my mobile phone. I can do others if anyone has specific requests!
PS. It doesn't have a CD installer with it - I just put it there for scale!All four of those photos are focused on the background instead of on the iPod. Would you please re-do making sure you are in focus?
more...
Jimmy James
Apr 26, 12:04 PM
The available answers to the poll seem to imply that I want a white iPhone in the first place.
I don't. It looks terrible.
I don't. It looks terrible.
Chrisdanger
Mar 23, 09:46 AM
It looks like the field of potential "heirs" to Steve-O's throne is reduced. I will say the Steve Austin robot eye didnt win him any favors. Sad to see him go, bring on the next contestant
Mrcarden
Jun 23, 08:22 PM
I'll probably be getting in line around 11 pm. Is anyone else there or planning on getting in line soon?
JNB
Jan 10, 08:56 PM
http://www.macworldexpo.com/
http://www.macworldexpo.com/about/packages_pricing
$45 to $1895.
http://www.macworldexpo.com/about/packages_pricing
$45 to $1895.
Consultant
Apr 27, 12:35 PM
Well, as I said before
NUTTY FOLKS: OMG Apple keeps a copy of some wifi stations on my phone. It's a huge privacy violation!
FACT: Apple doesn't access the database cache, emails, passwords, photos on your phone either.
Agreed. More often than not, Apple has tried to side with the user's interests. It's good business practice for them since an angry customer is not a good customer. And since their business model depends on people spending hard-earned cash for products, they need to make their users happy.
Wall Street and the marketplace seem to think they are doing an overall good job.
Exactly.
NUTTY FOLKS: OMG Apple keeps a copy of some wifi stations on my phone. It's a huge privacy violation!
FACT: Apple doesn't access the database cache, emails, passwords, photos on your phone either.
Agreed. More often than not, Apple has tried to side with the user's interests. It's good business practice for them since an angry customer is not a good customer. And since their business model depends on people spending hard-earned cash for products, they need to make their users happy.
Wall Street and the marketplace seem to think they are doing an overall good job.
Exactly.
wywern209
Oct 12, 11:54 PM
awesome, how do i become one.
isn't that the symbol of the freemasons?
isn't that the symbol of the freemasons?
vniow
Dec 23, 07:00 PM
I'm a switcher of two types.
Read on.
I've been a PC owner and builder ever since I built up a 233Mhz Cyrix from scratch years ago. It's been upgraded a few times and I've been satisfied with it up to now.
But then I saw the Cube.
For some reason I developed a little obsession over that cute little computer and attempted to learn all I could about it.
One thing led to another and before you knew it, I was deep in Apple-land and I didn't even realize it.
At that time I had Win98 on my PC and it was notoriously crash happy. I then read about MS's latest OS (XP) which was supposed to be a lot more stable so I got it.
And then my eyes were opened.
I never liked the idea of activation so I spend many wasted hours trying (and succeding) to crack it.
It ended up being a very reliable and stable OS, but as time went on, I learned more and more about MS's policies and became more uncomfortable with the idea of using one of their products daily.
So I decided to check out Linux.
After many failed attempts at getting the most basic of things working under Mandrake 8.2, I ended up wiping it and going back to XP.
A few months later a 300Mhz Blueberry iBook came up for sale right here on MR. I talked to my parents about it and they agreed that it would be a good investment to have when I move out. So I bought my first Mac! (still Cubeless)
But I wasn't done with my PC yet.
I had learned of this company called Lindows.com that was attempting to run Windows software on Linux. Interested, I looked up as much info as I could and decided to give it a shot after 2.0 was released.
My CD arrived in the mail and I installed it on a seperate hard drive and gave it a whirl. It was still a bit unstable, but much more usable than Mandrake.
I decided to wait until the final version came out to experiment with it again and I just got the 3.0 CDs in the mail a few days ago and I can now say I am on my way to becoming 100% MS free.
If it weren't for a couple of niche things, I would competely wipe XP from my hard drive and happily use Lindows and OSX.
Read on.
I've been a PC owner and builder ever since I built up a 233Mhz Cyrix from scratch years ago. It's been upgraded a few times and I've been satisfied with it up to now.
But then I saw the Cube.
For some reason I developed a little obsession over that cute little computer and attempted to learn all I could about it.
One thing led to another and before you knew it, I was deep in Apple-land and I didn't even realize it.
At that time I had Win98 on my PC and it was notoriously crash happy. I then read about MS's latest OS (XP) which was supposed to be a lot more stable so I got it.
And then my eyes were opened.
I never liked the idea of activation so I spend many wasted hours trying (and succeding) to crack it.
It ended up being a very reliable and stable OS, but as time went on, I learned more and more about MS's policies and became more uncomfortable with the idea of using one of their products daily.
So I decided to check out Linux.
After many failed attempts at getting the most basic of things working under Mandrake 8.2, I ended up wiping it and going back to XP.
A few months later a 300Mhz Blueberry iBook came up for sale right here on MR. I talked to my parents about it and they agreed that it would be a good investment to have when I move out. So I bought my first Mac! (still Cubeless)
But I wasn't done with my PC yet.
I had learned of this company called Lindows.com that was attempting to run Windows software on Linux. Interested, I looked up as much info as I could and decided to give it a shot after 2.0 was released.
My CD arrived in the mail and I installed it on a seperate hard drive and gave it a whirl. It was still a bit unstable, but much more usable than Mandrake.
I decided to wait until the final version came out to experiment with it again and I just got the 3.0 CDs in the mail a few days ago and I can now say I am on my way to becoming 100% MS free.
If it weren't for a couple of niche things, I would competely wipe XP from my hard drive and happily use Lindows and OSX.
spaceballl
Jun 15, 09:50 AM
Well, I live in CA, but I'm going to be in NY next week for business so I'm actually having it shipped to the NY hotel...
No comments:
Post a Comment